Two Genres

Monet: I am human

Its true, I miss life. I’ve never been the one, in your eyes. I’ve never seen the truth, all you saw, was a broken mirror. My paintings, and reflections are all symbols of light. You’re probably thinking, what other person spends days trying to find the right lighting for the perfect painting, THIS GUY. I was in my late life painting these lilies, and adding colour that was so ahead of its time. The cold winter interchanging to its beautiful spring, reflecting its light in the deep blue water. The violent violet interjecting its colors on the gradient water, where it appears to have lily pads on it. This was my only joy, purely how limitless the options of different shades of blues, purples, greens, and more of the cold palette has to offer. Then how the whole scenery is clouded with light, distilled with illucid fog. Once I saw this with my very own eyes, I knew I had to capture this moment with my talent of the arts. I painted until I knew it was exactly what I wanted. Holding my life with my paintings, just a dream filled with mockery. I hope one day, someone will see the reflection of art I saw in mine.

About the Piece: The second style of writing is a short story in Monet’s point of view after all of the glory and past expectations he faced. This writing piece will go further deeper in the mind of Monet, the story of how a legendary artist became what he is known today. The audience of this writing are for the people at the MET museum, who want to know more about what the artist was going through when painting vital works of art. The reason for my writing of a story in monet’s POV will give a new perspective of what was happening during his life.